Active Topics Active Topics  Display List of Forum Members Memberlist  Invert Forum Background Colours Invert Colours  Search The Forum Search  Help Help  Register Register  Login Login
Sponsored by Beatnik Games
Games Forum
 |SFH| Sent From Hell :: Community Forums : Games Forum
Subject Topic: Star Wars - The Old Republic Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Richie
Moderatus
Moderatus
Moof!

Posted: 17 July 2011 at 12:17pm | IP Logged Quote Richie

Was looking back over my old games as i am having a bit of a clear up and had a look at Star Wars Galaxies account to see if it was still there only to find out it is in the process of closing down as Bioware have taken on the license from Sony. so had a look at the new game, no idea if it is any good and am not sure i will play it but the background trailers are great

The Old Repulic

Darthbaz
Site Admin
Site Admin
GW2 Leader

Posted: 17 July 2011 at 12:31pm | IP Logged Quote Darthbaz

sh*t! that looks better than the films lol

Edit - I did mention ages ago I have reserved our name as a Guild in the game, we are on the Sith side , looks more fun :) I believe that you can join the Guild now and choose profession you would be playing :)join here

Edited by Darthbaz on 17 July 2011 at 12:41pm

Sirwomble
Site Admin
Site Admin
Occasional Table

Posted: 19 July 2011 at 6:31pm | IP Logged Quote Sirwomble

OOOer misses , i miss playing SWG could very well get back into that type of game play easily .

Back to Top View Sirwomble's Profile Search for other posts by Sirwomble Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Richie
Moderatus
Moderatus
Moof!

Posted: 19 July 2011 at 6:38pm | IP Logged Quote Richie

the more i read the more i am liking it, you have companions that you control and can use for missions and groups but will certainly require that new PC i keep saying i will buy... it is due to be released some time this year, not seen a specific date, would be very tempted to play, seen the pre purchase for the game for about £35 but would guess it is subscription so thats the tipping point for cost per year.

Sirwomble
Site Admin
Site Admin
Occasional Table

Posted: 20 July 2011 at 3:21am | IP Logged Quote Sirwomble

waits with bated breath for further info , very tempted , love the star wars franchise .

Back to Top View Sirwomble's Profile Search for other posts by Sirwomble Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Grizzler
Site Admin
Site Admin

Janitor

Posted: 22 July 2011 at 2:04am | IP Logged Quote Grizzler

I might be tempted.

I remember when we played Galaxies, and I was running after you guys as a Snow Wookie, good times.

Back to Top View Grizzler's Profile Search for other posts by Grizzler Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

dazzy
Clan Admin
Clan Admin
Wom’s Bitch

Posted: 22 July 2011 at 8:52am | IP Logged Quote dazzy

Found it on play.com.

star wars £39.99

Comes with 1 month play time so Defo a subscription game.

Its a shame they still make Sub game's rather than just releasing content that people can choose to pay for, I for one will not be getting it as i would rather buy a new game every month instead of just paying the same company for the same game.

Kinda makes me think they are limiting there customer base, I know people will still buy it and it will still be popular but there could be so many more people playing it.

Back to Top View dazzy's Profile Search for other posts by dazzy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Grizzler
Site Admin
Site Admin

Janitor

Posted: 22 July 2011 at 11:52am | IP Logged Quote Grizzler

Well, it's like what MMO's does.

They have 3 choices.

Monthly subscription to cover the maintance cost, + adding new content.

Free to play, but release frequently expansions to cover the cost.

Microtranscation, have an ingame shop where people can buy cosmetic thing or benefitals things.

Tbh, option one is the best one I think. How else will they support a huge database, maintance, content and balacning issues without getting money from it. Only game that does that currently is Guild Wars.

Back to Top View Grizzler's Profile Search for other posts by Grizzler Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

dazzy
Clan Admin
Clan Admin
Wom’s Bitch

Posted: 22 July 2011 at 12:04pm | IP Logged Quote dazzy

Yeah i know why they do it.

Im just saying i wont be getting it. Unless i stop feeding one of the kids

Back to Top View dazzy's Profile Search for other posts by dazzy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Darthbaz
Site Admin
Site Admin
GW2 Leader

Posted: 22 July 2011 at 12:08pm | IP Logged Quote Darthbaz

Sell one of the kids! problem solved! spare bedroom to let out AND you have some spare cash in your pocket!

dazzy
Clan Admin
Clan Admin
Wom’s Bitch

Posted: 22 July 2011 at 1:08pm | IP Logged Quote dazzy

h

Sirwomble
Site Admin
Site Admin
Occasional Table

Posted: 23 July 2011 at 3:06am | IP Logged Quote Sirwomble

What you could do is .. give up something else to fund this , some booze , fags , or in dazzys case his monthly subscription to womens own magazine . Or do a extra shift at work, get a cheaper fone contract etc etc.

Monthly sub games are way better and usually much more fun to play , what i object to is "over going it" ala Wow when they expect you to pay for name changes race changes etc etc. Stuff like that should be in-game money or quest based imo.

Richie
Moderatus
Moderatus
Moof!

Posted: 23 July 2011 at 2:42pm | IP Logged Quote Richie

my only complaint for subscriptions is your never compensated for when the server is down or full or slow or your waiting to get into a riad and its full. still i dont mind paying the money its more about the game and the people who are playing it. biggest draw back to me is making sure i get my moneys worth in that month..

Grizzler
Site Admin
Site Admin

Janitor

Posted: 23 July 2011 at 4:48pm | IP Logged Quote Grizzler

Many companies give you extended game time if the server is down beyond the maintance period. I know WoW does that.

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 25 July 2011 at 1:24pm | IP Logged Quote Nhumrod

yeah but wow doesnt give you any reduction for having to queue for 45mins to an hr to get onto a server whenever a new content patch comes out...

Amonette
Imba Community Member
Imba Community Member
Official SFH Hottie

Posted: 03 September 2011 at 1:07am | IP Logged Quote Amonette

Yeah MMOs have their down sides, but this one is shaping up to be a good one. Particularly like the planet dedicated to single player end game content :)

As for in game name changes, restricting these is a good idea if you want any kind of reputation based accountability for looting. If you can't change your name easily then you can only play like an asshole for so long before you're blocked by enough people to make grouping very difficult.
Back to Top View Amonette's Profile Search for other posts by Amonette Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Amonette
Imba Community Member
Imba Community Member
Official SFH Hottie

Posted: 03 September 2011 at 1:18am | IP Logged Quote Amonette

I think I may have mentioned this on another thread (can't find it) but the guild system allows each guild to have up to three allies/ enemies, and my Rift guild is transferring to it at launch, so if you guys get on there give me a shout and maybe we can be allies (or enemies mwahahaha).

I've not seen too much info on how that whole info system works but it sounds kind of cool. I'm going to be putting some info together as we get closer to launch, so will link anything useful. We're hoping to get into the guild beta but from I think there may be some stiff competition...

They better hurry up and release it. I want my imperial agent!
:)

Edited by Amonette on 22 September 2011 at 12:13am
Back to Top View Amonette's Profile Search for other posts by Amonette Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Amonette
Imba Community Member
Imba Community Member
Official SFH Hottie

Posted: 22 September 2011 at 12:10am | IP Logged Quote Amonette

Update...

Phase two has started, i.e. the bit that allows us to pick allies and enemies - have sent you an ally invite frm Everybody's Dead Dave as it would be nice to end up on the same server, whatever our long term plans turn out to be :)

Once phase 3 starts, all guilds with under 4 people in them (I think, need to check that, it might be ten with 4 preorders...) get deleted and don't get onto the server at the start, so you;ll actually need to join the SFH guild to get it started for launch before this phase closes (whenever that is). this just saves you the hassle of sorting out the guild charter at launch and makes it easier to get started.

Woo lightsabres are a lil closer!!

Darthbaz
Site Admin
Site Admin
GW2 Leader

Posted: 22 September 2011 at 5:54pm | IP Logged Quote Darthbaz

Guys even if you have no intention of playing it can some of you please register for our Guild so we stand a chance of getting on same server as Amonettes mob? for those too lazy to scroll up here is the link again clicky

Edited by Darthbaz on 22 September 2011 at 5:55pm

Amonette
Imba Community Member
Imba Community Member
Official SFH Hottie

Posted: 22 September 2011 at 6:29pm | IP Logged Quote Amonette

Otherwise I'm gonna steal Teh Baz!!!

Page of 3
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version