Active Topics Active Topics  Display List of Forum Members Memberlist  Invert Forum Background Colours Invert Colours  Search The Forum Search  Help Help  Register Register  Login Login
Sponsored by Beatnik Games
Games Forum
 |SFH| Sent From Hell :: Community Forums : Games Forum
Subject Topic: bf : BC (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
[D]esert Punk
1337 Community Member
1337 Community Member
Ex-Member

Posted: 28 September 2007 at 1:25pm | IP Logged  

here is some trailers for new game in the Battlefield series. comes out 2008 on 360 and ps3 first then on pc a bit later as far as im aware,

this is one game i defo gonna enjoy, amazing graphics, fully destructible scenery, and its back to modern times just like bf 2 :D

link

link 2 (in game footage)

Edited by [D]esert Punk on 28 September 2007 at 1:26pm

Back to Top View [D]esert Punk's Profile Search for other posts by [D]esert Punk Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Shadetail
Honourary Member
Honourary Member

Posted: 28 September 2007 at 5:52pm | IP Logged  

now thats a game.

SHADEY + TANK + CITY = BOOM 

Back to Top View Shadetail's Profile Search for other posts by Shadetail Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 29 September 2007 at 2:29am | IP Logged  

lol at the first vid

looks like a good game...

Shadetail
Honourary Member
Honourary Member

Posted: 29 September 2007 at 7:28pm | IP Logged  

Id definately be up for that.

Cover wont stay cover for long..

Like the idea of having a entire city, turn into a infantry only rubble-mishmash as the tanks have mashed up all the walls and buildings leaving nothing but rubble !

Back to Top View Shadetail's Profile Search for other posts by Shadetail Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

SilentScream
Honourary Member
Honourary Member

Posted: 21 January 2008 at 6:48pm | IP Logged  

Looks Great!

Back to Top View SilentScream's Profile Search for other posts by SilentScream Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Captain_Oompa
Honourary Member
Honourary Member

Posted: 21 January 2008 at 7:22pm | IP Logged  

very cool

Back to Top View Captain_Oompa's Profile Search for other posts by Captain_Oompa Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Gryfz
Honourary Member
Honourary Member
Darthbaz’s Biatch

Posted: 22 January 2008 at 7:53am | IP Logged  

Yeah saw some stuff for this a while back when the vids were released on Live, does look an awesome one;)

So many good games coming out this year, probably be in debt by the end of it:P

Mojo Jojo
Moderatus
Moderatus
Sir Sleeps Alot

Posted: 22 January 2008 at 10:29am | IP Logged  

There are 2 BF games in development:

Battlefield Heroes: - is a free (new business model) version which looks like TF2 linky

Battlefield: Bad Company - which does look awesome!

Back to Top View Mojo Jojo's Profile Search for other posts by Mojo Jojo Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Jaguar-infinity
Honourary Member
Honourary Member

Posted: 22 January 2008 at 12:03pm | IP Logged  

i've heard the roumors are that bad company will NOT be released on PC but that Battlefield 3 will be a PC release (and rumours are its in the works at Dice now)

BF:3 will also be set back in modern day

While i think FPS games on consols are, for lack of a better word, inferior to the PC versions (just like i think PC platform games are inferior to consols) i do like the idea of being able to alter the scenery. It goes with very real tactics of the times (even now adays they still apply), if you need a vantage point - make one, if you want to stop an enemy using one - destroy it. We've all seen saving private ryan and how the germans shot out the church tower in the last battle to get rid of the sniper position. It wasn't just the bombs that leveled the cities.

Gryfz
Honourary Member
Honourary Member
Darthbaz’s Biatch

Posted: 22 January 2008 at 4:03pm | IP Logged  

Agreed, destructible environments are amazing, take (can't think of a better example at this moment in time) Crysis for example, i mean i know the ai wasn't really dynamic once a building (albeit metal shacks) was destroyed altough it did feel hella good seeing everything scattered around^^

Mojo Jojo
Moderatus
Moderatus
Sir Sleeps Alot

Posted: 22 January 2008 at 4:08pm | IP Logged  

Console sales figures aren't inferior to PC - look at COD4.

Also it's nice that the playing field is levelled on consoles - same spec hardware, same difficulty aiming...to be honest its a bit more fun sometimes! But I agree - playing with a mouse is nicer for RTS's and FPS's...that's the only real difference imo.

Back to Top View Mojo Jojo's Profile Search for other posts by Mojo Jojo Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Jaguar-infinity
Honourary Member
Honourary Member

Posted: 22 January 2008 at 4:37pm | IP Logged  

I realise sales dont reflect my personal opinion, i just think sports games and platform games are better on consols than PC and FPS and RTS games are better on PC than consoles. thats my opinion and my gaming preferance. using COD4 as an example, i feel i could control the character, movements, actions and aiming far better with a keyboard an mouse interface than a game pad.

More battlefield at the moment cant be a bad thing though, that i think we can all agree on

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version