Active Topics Active Topics  Display List of Forum Members Memberlist  Invert Forum Background Colours Invert Colours  Search The Forum Search  Help Help  Register Register  Login Login
Sponsored by Beatnik Games
Games Forum
 |SFH| Sent From Hell :: Community Forums : Games Forum
Subject Topic: DoW Tip of the Day (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 21 November 2006 at 8:26am | IP Logged  

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?showforum=1418

Great examples such as:

General
Two builders on the same building CAN be nice, but remember two builders on the same building build at 150% speed, one builder on each building builds at 100% speed each. Useful information if your hoping for that building to be completed quicker.

Chaos
The Sorcerer is powerfull indeed, but when following this simple tip you will get the most of him. By casting Chains of Torment first and THEN using Doombolt you will make sure that the buggers stay put to take full damage.

Imperial Guard
Have you ever thought of the power of a group of Sentinels? Harrasing with a squadron of 3 Sentinels or more at LPs and Sentinels can also uncap points, this will definitely damage your enemy's economy! If they start attacking your Sentiels, they can quickly retreat to either another LP the enemy has or do whatever else you want with them. This squadron can also be used to start attacking your enemy's Plasma Generators or other weak building while your enemy has his army focused somewhere else in the map. A squadron of 3 Sentinels can really change the tide of the battle.

Puss
Honourary Member
Honourary Member

Posted: 21 November 2006 at 9:07am | IP Logged  

I played the DoW for the first time last night and I went Tau. They are quite good but you have too build up an army pretty quick. I have found that it's better to build the beast people (forgotten their name) and make a couple of these to defend. It stopped the computer from rushing me but I don't know if it would work with people.

Anyway, are there any defense turrets are Tau because once I had the base set up, I had to use half my army for defending and the other half for killing their base. Not fun! Tau are good but I still prefer the eldar!

Grizzler
Site Admin
Site Admin

Janitor

Posted: 21 November 2006 at 9:32am | IP Logged  

Spacemarins aaaattaaack!

Back to Top View Grizzler's Profile Search for other posts by Grizzler Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 21 November 2006 at 9:58am | IP Logged  

tau have no turrets. those beasts r called kroot

Onimasha
Public Member
Public Member

Ex-Member

Posted: 27 November 2006 at 10:07am | IP Logged  

New guy here ^^. The reason behind the Tau not having turrets is that after a while, you'll probably get 2 or 3 broad side squads. They act as mobile turrets themselves just like IG Heavy weapons teams. Plus, they have huge range and could have huge line of sight (path finders) so technically, Tau are a whole moving Turret race. This is just my opinion though

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 27 November 2006 at 1:32pm | IP Logged  

fair point, the broadsides are that great against massed infantry tho, unlike heavy bolter turrets

The Sentin3l
Public Member
Public Member
Ex-Member

Posted: 27 November 2006 at 1:44pm | IP Logged  

Onimasha wrote:
New guy here ^^. The reason behind the Tau not having turrets is that after a while, you'll probably get 2 or 3 broad side squads. They act as mobile turrets themselves just like IG Heavy weapons teams. Plus, they have huge range and could have huge line of sight (path finders) so technically, Tau are a whole moving Turret race. This is just my opinion though

*Shoots him.* YOU DO NOT MASS BROADSIDES!!!!!!!!!! They cost bitch loads, and one squad does the job quite well, implantated in front of your base. Best used as defence, not mobile turrets

Back to Top View The Sentin3l's Profile Search for other posts by The Sentin3l Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Onimasha
Public Member
Public Member

Ex-Member

Posted: 28 November 2006 at 3:38pm | IP Logged  

.....First off, 1 broad side squad ain't gonna do blows against orks or any CC guys. They stand up to only 4 hits and they can't shoot anything which is in melee with them. This is why 2 or 3 broad side squads is a better option. Secondly I never said mass broad sides. I said Tau are a mobile Turret race.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version