Active Topics Active Topics  Display List of Forum Members Memberlist  Invert Forum Background Colours Invert Colours  Search The Forum Search  Help Help  Register Register  Login Login
Sponsored by Beatnik Games
Games Forum
 |SFH| Sent From Hell :: Community Forums : Games Forum
Subject Topic: Interleaving (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
greg
Honourary Member
Honourary Member

Posted: 21 August 2006 at 11:35am | IP Logged  

virgin.net or BTs systems have turned on interleaving on my dads adsl, so now im stuck with a ping to the server of 60-70ms on HLSW, havent tried in game yet. grrr. gama did you get them to turn it off, was it quite easy?

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 21 August 2006 at 11:49am | IP Logged  

Grizzler
Site Admin
Site Admin

Janitor

Posted: 21 August 2006 at 11:59am | IP Logged  

Thats higher ping than me almost :0

Back to Top View Grizzler's Profile Search for other posts by Grizzler Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

|SFH|gama_k
Site Admin
Site Admin

Deputy Clan Leader

Posted: 21 August 2006 at 12:10pm | IP Logged  

they did put it on once for a few days and then it was removed since my line is good enough to operate without
it but it does add 30ms to your ping, contact them using the online messaging help system from the website which
is very good and saves on the premium rate phone line. when i phoned up few months back they didnt have a clue
about it but maybe things have changed now

dont reboot the router by switching it off first disconnect via the online system or telnet, then reboot or reconnect
this will prevent the adsl max system from registering the loss in connection as a line fault hence it will try to
reduce the line rate or restart the 10 day process of regrading your line which will give you poor performance and
possibly interleaving.
Back to Top View |SFH|gama_k's Profile Search for other posts by |SFH|gama_k Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

greg
Honourary Member
Honourary Member

Posted: 21 August 2006 at 12:19pm | IP Logged  

hmm ill see how it goes, think it might have been turned on due to the very low SNR and high errors we're getting on the line.

didnt think about this before but to be honest im only here for another 10 days ish, so if interleaving makes the connection a bit more usable for my dads needs then i might leave it be and cope with it.

by the way when i move to nottingham im staying with my granny at least for the immediate future so might end up inactive again or even hon. she has broadband but ill have to sort out wireless, and also its only BTs lowest package so either a 1gb or 2gb cap.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version