Active Topics Active Topics  Display List of Forum Members Memberlist  Invert Forum Background Colours Invert Colours  Search The Forum Search  Help Help  Register Register  Login Login
Sponsored by Beatnik Games
Games Forum
 |SFH| Sent From Hell :: Community Forums : Games Forum
Subject Topic: AWP (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MrFist
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posted: 26 May 2003 at 4:39pm | IP Logged  

whats with the deal and the AWP. Its part of the game, why should it be banned? if you dont like it dont play, im sorry but i find this extremely unfair as its like the only gun im good with, i find gettin constantly headshotted by the m4 bent, but i dont see it banned, or the ak.

and dont give me none of that rubbish calling me a n00b, or its a n00b cannon, as it takes skill to use, as does any other gun in the game.

laugh,and grow fat
Back to Top View MrFist's Profile Search for other posts by MrFist Visit MrFist's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 27 May 2003 at 4:15am | IP Logged  

i agree that it does take skill to use and our awp policies have not been set instone - everyone has different opinions of course as to whether it should be banned or not.

I personally like using the awp, and yes, to get skilled with it does take practice and although people do call it a n00b cannon (which in some ways it is as well - anyone can get lucky/noob shots with one as well) it is a very important weapon to be able to use. In general however, in fun games, it quite simply makes the game boring because it degenerates into an awp war where half the players sit on each end of the lev (azzy for example) and shoot at eachother. Anyone not fortunate enough to b able to afford one getting caught and killed in the x-fire. This makes for a VERY boring game.

If there were a way of limiting the awp to say 1 per side (if anyone knows how to do this and maybe we will adopt such a policy for public server) then by all means we would. The general rule is tho that in small games especially, the awp is a lame wep to use because it ruins the fun atmosphere. I am one of these people who has seen and sits on both sides of the fence so if anyone should be able to have an objective view of it it is me.

The truth of the matter is it is another weapon in the game which is useful to use in matches but during pubby pickup games it simply ruins peoples fun.

What we need to do is decide on an official ruling for awp use on the server. (Obviously this does not relate to practice where awp is of course available to be used) Do people think it should be left on as standard, off, or maybe 1 per side (if that is possible?), or possibly off as standard and if anyone wants to use it they must win an admin_vsay vote to say allow awp. If someone can investigate and see if there is a way to limit weapon numbers then post the answer here i will then run a vote on the matter once and for all.

Finally i would just like to say that i for some reason have not used a single smilie on this whole post (very uncharacteristic of me) so im gonna include one now:

MrFist
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posted: 27 May 2003 at 10:43am | IP Logged  

lmao

i dont want it off as standard, but i belive there should always should be a vote. I admit getting killed by an awp all the time is irratating, and well half the time i just leave

I dont mind having no AWP, well i do, but i can live with it, its the fact that admins just ban it with no vote, or no saying, just banned.

This is rather of a pickle me thinks, we should all have a priv chat about it one day.

but my view is there should always be a vote, and the vote should stand until the next map, where it will be voted if conflict arrises again.

/me is all proud now

thanks for readin, i'd like to hear everyone elses view on this topic

laugh,and grow fat
Back to Top View MrFist's Profile Search for other posts by MrFist Visit MrFist's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

MrFist
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posted: 27 May 2003 at 12:44pm | IP Logged  

oh look on sfh server again, awp just got banned ffs, we need to do somethin bout this

laugh,and grow fat

ChiefDM
1337 Community Member
1337 Community Member

Posted: 27 May 2003 at 1:40pm | IP Logged  

MrFist wrote:

I admit getting killed by an awp all the time is irratating, and well half the time i just leave

While I agree with what you're saying the above is probably what we're trying to avoid. If peeps just leave when everyone whips out the awp's our server would be dead most of the time.
Back to Top View ChiefDM's Profile Search for other posts by ChiefDM Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 28 May 2003 at 4:37am | IP Logged  

both very valid points - so so far for the vote we have:

1 - awp off unless voted on or a match/praccy
2 - awp on but votes only to remove it for remining time in that rnd...
3 - awp on and whenever one person with admin doesnt want it they turn it off (*guesses this will not b popular lol*)
4 - awps on all the time and take the consequences (*guesses this may get a few votes but not many*)

MORE OPINIONS PLEASE? (Esp as this is one of the first valid discussions weve had which didnt involve hehe spam  or myself and CDM flamin eachothers mothers  - it makes anice change... )

ChiefDM
1337 Community Member
1337 Community Member

Posted: 28 May 2003 at 10:41am | IP Logged  

I vote 1
Back to Top View ChiefDM's Profile Search for other posts by ChiefDM Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

ninjaofwarfare
Imba Community Member
Imba Community Member

Posted: 29 May 2003 at 2:49am | IP Logged  

I vote 2, simple for the fact that i think awp shud be on as standard in cs. If there are alot of people that want it off then a vote can be had and it be taken off. If you only have it on during practices its very easy to get out of praccy with it. Praccy is normally an hour or so followed by the match and it just aint long enough to get familar with it again. I myself used to use awp loads but have since forgotten about the bloody thing. But as i'v always said, if peeps ban it then scout is just as gud if u have aim :D. Just like the demon hs at dd on d2 and the gama hs at dd on azzy.....
Back to Top View ninjaofwarfare's Profile Search for other posts by ninjaofwarfare Visit ninjaofwarfare's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

ChiefDM
1337 Community Member
1337 Community Member

Posted: 29 May 2003 at 7:39am | IP Logged  

And me whupin you up wih it last night!

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 29 May 2003 at 9:35am | IP Logged  

lol - i just come stab ya all, scout or no scout...

ChiefDM
1337 Community Member
1337 Community Member

Posted: 29 May 2003 at 11:18am | IP Logged  

One of these days I swear I'm gonna ram this scout right up your chocolate whiz way.

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 29 May 2003 at 2:20pm | IP Logged  

nah - ill stab ya b4 u get the chance

ChiefDM
1337 Community Member
1337 Community Member

Posted: 29 May 2003 at 2:33pm | IP Logged  

Damn you!!! lol

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 29 May 2003 at 3:08pm | IP Logged  

muhahahahahahahahahahaha!

ChiefDM
1337 Community Member
1337 Community Member

Posted: 29 May 2003 at 3:14pm | IP Logged  

And once again, even the most serious of threads degenerates into a gay fest... lol

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 29 May 2003 at 3:19pm | IP Logged  

u started it

ChiefDM
1337 Community Member
1337 Community Member

Posted: 29 May 2003 at 3:22pm | IP Logged  

lol, as always.

MrFist
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posted: 29 May 2003 at 6:13pm | IP Logged  

ok, if we take the same attitude as most of the admins take over the AWP.

I propose that we ban kappy, as well he is too good, and spoils all the fun on the server...in my opinion of course. Also, if i took the same attitude again, i would ban everyone who killed me, as they are to good, and spoil my fun.

laugh,and grow fat

MrFist
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posted: 29 May 2003 at 6:13pm | IP Logged  

ps, AWP was just banned off a server again, by Kappy, i then asked for him to vote, and he refused..

laugh,and grow fat

MrAnderson
Senior Community Member
Senior Community Member

Posted: 29 May 2003 at 6:16pm | IP Logged  

lo, new user here, (ignore the post count, as i do generally know what im on about), ive been playing on the server lkately...the awp ban is gay, but to put it in a tad more logical way, its dull, as the gun is part of the game etc etc, its stupid, i get killed more by the m4a1 than the awp....ban that plz? i think the awp should be on permanently, hmm....hwat ive said here has been said before, but, jus saying that there is someone else who aggrees with fist

.:anders

Back to Top View MrAnderson's Profile Search for other posts by MrAnderson Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Page of 7
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version