Active Topics Active Topics  Display List of Forum Members Memberlist  Invert Forum Background Colours Invert Colours  Search The Forum Search  Help Help  Register Register  Login Login
Sponsored by Beatnik Games
World of Warcraft Guides & Tips (Public)
 |SFH| Sent From Hell :: Community Forums : World of Warcraft Guides & Tips (Public)
Subject Topic: New player in WoW (Next week) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
amitT
Public Member
Public Member

Posted: 15 August 2011 at 11:43am | IP Logged Quote amitT

Hello everyone,

First of all, english isn't my first language so i'll try to be as clear as possible for everyone.

Next week, i'm planning to buy World of Warcraft (i've only played the game in 2005 or 2006 with a trial) but I was young and my father didn't want to pay for online gaming. Now , i'm more mature and I would like to start next week, because i'll get a new computer by the end of the week-end to enjoy the game with max graphics.

1) I have few questions: I saw couple of threads about the game might be dying slowly, is that true? I mean, if your playing a friday night do you feel alone in your server or do you feel that your town is like ''ghost town'' with nobody there's? If so, is it possible to transfert your character to an other one more popular?

2) What kind of character ''class and race'' is the strongest one in the Horde?

3) What is the point of having Horde and Alliance? Is it because anywhere in the map, you can be attacked by them (horde, if you are in the alliance group?)

4) Is there many things to do in the game, or it's more like gold farming or items farming like in Diablo 2?

5) Do you enjoy the game even if it's been many years
Back to Top View amitT's Profile Search for other posts by amitT Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Mash-Tin_UK
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posted: 15 August 2011 at 9:40pm | IP Logged Quote Mash-Tin_UK

Havnt played it for over a year but im sure it hasnt changed that much (What you are asking anyway)

1: WoW wont die (anytime soon anyway)

2: This one i cant really answer, its down to what you prefer, you make the character strong, experiment mate :)

3: 2 factions, battle, pvp. You can only be attacked on pvp servers pretty much anywhere, with pve you have to have pvp enabled (your name changes colour).

4: There is LOADS of things, you cant really run out, Professions, Farming (Making money), PvP (one of my personal favourites) and alot more.

5: Yes, definitely, with the right people though :)

Hope it helped dude.
Back to Top View Mash-Tin_UK's Profile Search for other posts by Mash-Tin_UK Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

amitT
Public Member
Public Member

Posted: 16 August 2011 at 6:57am | IP Logged Quote amitT

Back to Top View amitT's Profile Search for other posts by amitT Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 16 August 2011 at 8:36am | IP Logged Quote Nhumrod

As mash says, its all about the people you play with. If you can get in a good guild (as in nice, not dicks) then you will enjoy!

yuriclaes
Clan Member
Clan Member
Beer Swigger

Posted: 18 August 2011 at 12:19am | IP Logged Quote yuriclaes

buy Guild Wars instead, that's totally not dying :p

Darthbaz
Site Admin
Site Admin
GW2 Leader

Posted: 18 August 2011 at 12:27am | IP Logged Quote Darthbaz

Not dying...just a tad stale and a bit whiffy lol , lets face it all GW players are just kicking their heels till GW2 is out.....I am gonna buy it for Noah when he is 18 it should be out by then hopefully!

Sirwomble
Site Admin
Site Admin
Occasional Table

Posted: 19 August 2011 at 11:23am | IP Logged Quote Sirwomble

Me and Pirate tris are on a 12 x private server which takes the sting out of lvl grinding. details are as follows :-

WoWage
Forgot to mention the best bit ITS FREE muhaaaa
If you dont have it you can download Cata from pirate bay . OOOh aint i a little bit wayyy a bit woooo these days . I blame Pirate T hes a bad influance :-P

p.p.s We are Alliance and both mainly play our 85 DK i got a lvl 85 huntard aswell .

Edited by Sirwomble on 19 August 2011 at 11:27am

Back to Top View Sirwomble's Profile Search for other posts by Sirwomble Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Mash-Tin_UK
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posted: 20 August 2011 at 1:28pm | IP Logged Quote Mash-Tin_UK

NAUGHTYYYYYYY
Back to Top View Mash-Tin_UK's Profile Search for other posts by Mash-Tin_UK Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Razzi
Clan Member
Clan Member

Guild Officer

Posted: 20 August 2011 at 4:19pm | IP Logged Quote Razzi

so how many peepz on that server?
Back to Top View Razzi's Profile Search for other posts by Razzi Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Sirwomble
Site Admin
Site Admin
Occasional Table

Posted: 20 August 2011 at 10:23pm | IP Logged Quote Sirwomble

3k + its a bit unstable at times but they fix bugs daily and boy you can earn some cash on it i currently have about 16 k

Back to Top View Sirwomble's Profile Search for other posts by Sirwomble Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 22 August 2011 at 11:38am | IP Logged Quote Nhumrod

unless you are mad on raiding only i kind of dont see the point jumping to level 85 without any effort?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version