Active Topics Active Topics  Display List of Forum Members Memberlist  Invert Forum Background Colours Invert Colours  Search The Forum Search  Help Help  Register Register  Login Login
Sponsored by Beatnik Games
World of Warcraft Guides & Tips (Public)
 |SFH| Sent From Hell :: Community Forums : World of Warcraft Guides & Tips (Public)
Subject Topic: Fast Levelling and General Stuff (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 20 May 2009 at 11:49am | IP Logged  

In the mean time I levelled up my hunter from 23-28 in 4 hours the other night, and had a wee go with my DK this evening. Trying to only level characters with rested xp, so jumping about it bit just now. It's very annoying how quickly the rested runs out at lower levels! Quite enjoying my DK, and have set him as blood spec as per recommendations from Mash/Lewis. Amazing how quickly you heal yourself as blood!

For those of you who havent heard me mention them, for levelling I use the guides from http://www.wow-pro.com, which are very good! I used to think they were the fastest way to level, until they created an addon version of them, which is even better! Now no more reading through the long guide and constantly losing your place (alt-tabbing too if you dont have a second screen like I do). The quests all come up in a mini bar which tells you which one you should do next, where to do it, auto-set your TomTom arrow etc. This is like quest helper, only 100x better as it is pre-calculated for the most efficient routes, and doesnt just work them out on the fly.

If any of you want to try the addon, go here:

http://www.wow-pro.com/leveling_guides/james_horde_leveling_guide_addon

If you use this in combination with rested xp, you can level at an astounding rate!

Finally, I got my fast flying mount and dual spec on my shammy (enhancement and healing) so am looking to do a few instances when peeps are on with their Hordies soon. I have not yet had a chance to learn how to heal properly so want to give that a go... I've been saving all the high level blue quest rewards for my healer armour.

Richie, I have your cash too btw...

Edited by Demonboy on 20 May 2009 at 2:00pm

Sirwomble
Site Admin
Site Admin
Occasional Table

Posted: 20 May 2009 at 12:47pm | IP Logged  

Grts n nice work D

Back to Top View Sirwomble's Profile Search for other posts by Sirwomble Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 20 May 2009 at 2:01pm | IP Logged  

I forgot to mention that addon auto-sets your TomTom arrow as well..

yuriclaes
Clan Member
Clan Member
Beer Swigger

Posted: 20 May 2009 at 4:38pm | IP Logged  

Demonboy wrote:

The quests all come up in a mini bar which tells you which one you should do next, where to do it, auto-set your TomTom arrow etc. This is like quest helper, only 100x better as it is pre-calculated for the most efficient routes, and doesnt just work them out on the fly.

It seems like u did mention it :p

Edited by yuriclaes on 20 May 2009 at 4:39pm

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 20 May 2009 at 4:41pm | IP Logged  

"Edited by Demonboy on 20 May 2009 at 2:00pm"

Only after the edit...

yuriclaes
Clan Member
Clan Member
Beer Swigger

Posted: 20 May 2009 at 4:45pm | IP Logged  

Pfffffffffffffff :p

edit smedit (and yes im aware that i edited my post to)

<me too - demon>

Edited by Demonboy on 21 May 2009 at 12:58am

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 21 May 2009 at 12:58am | IP Logged  

editing rox!

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 21 May 2009 at 1:00am | IP Logged  

Cant decide on my secondary profession for my DK now. I'm going with blacksmithing for primary as it gives the best BoP items for DKs when levelled, but I have NO idea what to do for second.

Jewelcrafting: Better if you have mining too so you can do prospecting

Enchanting: I have one already

Inscription: Better with a herbalist, or at least if you have any char who is one (which I dont on Horde)

In the mean time I've plumped for Skinning until I can think of something better...

Suggestions?

yuriclaes
Clan Member
Clan Member
Beer Swigger

Posted: 21 May 2009 at 1:23am | IP Logged  

hey u edited my post, ill get u for that

Its ON!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version