Active Topics Active Topics  Display List of Forum Members Memberlist  Invert Forum Background Colours Invert Colours  Search The Forum Search  Help Help  Register Register  Login Login
Sponsored by Beatnik Games
Public Servers and Website
 |SFH| Sent From Hell :: Community Forums : Public Servers and Website
Subject Topic: Design Competition (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 20 June 2003 at 3:05pm | IP Logged  

Ok guys here comes the challenge of the year! I am giving one lucky photoshop winner the oppertunity to have their work displayed on the |SFH| website. I am currently in the process of completely rewriting the entire |SFH| website and I have decided that we need a new main logo.

The only stipulations are as follows: 

- The logo is going to be again on a black background on the page
- It MUST include our infamous flying death monkey (which is actually part of a font available below).
- You can of course include our sexeh vampire font as well if possible but that is a secondary objective.
- size should be approximately 980x120 pixels (that will be the set width of the site from now on...) and maybe a couple of hundred or so pixels high? You may however make smaller ones as well if you like and if your entry is chosen you may be asked to create small versions or mixed versions of your design for other parts of the site...

When all entries are in i will either decide which one i like best or possibly put it to a public vote. Please state below if you will be making an entry.

Please email all entries to demonboy@sentfromhell.co.uk BY Sunday 29th July 2003 @ 7pm - DO NOT post them on the forums... also please note multiple entries are allowed, maximum 2 entries per person.

Good Luck everyone and hf!

Resources:
Death Monkey Font:
SFH_-_bats-symbols.zip
Vampire Script Font:
SFH_-_blood_of_dracula_font.zip

Edited by Demonboy on 23 June 2003 at 2:28am

Sandzibar
Senior Community Member
Senior Community Member

Posted: 20 June 2003 at 4:04pm | IP Logged  

Other colours used in the design of the site? I imagine you want the banner to blend in well with everything else eh D? Any particular sylisations you are looking for/using?

I might dust off the old PS and put my hand to some graff1x type meddling.

Back to Top View Sandzibar's Profile Search for other posts by Sandzibar Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 20 June 2003 at 4:16pm | IP Logged  

generally sticking to a similar colour scheme as the old site - heres a wee taster for yas...

VERY initial design i might add - just working on the navigation at the moment...

Richie
Moderatus
Moderatus
Moof!

Posted: 20 June 2003 at 5:49pm | IP Logged  

i wil have a crack at summat, not sure yet probably just a smaller image for a laugh, keeps me out of trouble

i reckon gama could do something pretty good, remeber what he did for duds banner, and he does summat like that for a liing,

p/me puts the pressure on gama to perform now :)

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 20 June 2003 at 11:03pm | IP Logged  

NOTE: Maximum height of your logo should be around 120px if possible please...

Also - please send all entries to demonboy@sentfromhell.co.uk - dont post them on the forums...

Edited by Demonboy on 21 June 2003 at 3:05am

MrAnderson
Senior Community Member
Senior Community Member

Posted: 21 June 2003 at 5:17pm | IP Logged  

hmm...this sounds promising, i shall start now...

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 21 June 2003 at 7:49pm | IP Logged  

Im glad to see there are so many of you taking an interest... looks like the competition's gonna b tough!

Just to give a you a better idea of the position of the final design, the 980x120px title will look like this within the final page:

Im glad to also say ive managed to hack up the forum login system so that I can integrate it with our site meaning each user will only have a single login...

Theres still sh*t loads to do, and this is gonna take me ages... longer than i thought before but i think itll b kool once its finished.

PS - if anyone has any experience of PHPBB (the board on which the skin we have at the moment is based) i wanna alter the icons of the existing board to match with a black background so if anyone wants to voulenteer to help with that then i'd really appreciate the assistance...

TY All..

MrFist
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posted: 22 June 2003 at 11:06am | IP Logged  

sounds good0r

/me begs anders to help me

laugh,and grow fat
Back to Top View MrFist's Profile Search for other posts by MrFist Visit MrFist's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 23 June 2003 at 2:25am | IP Logged  

ok im gonna have to put a time limit for this - id like all entries in ASAP but at the VERY LATEST by next sunday night. (29th).

MrFist
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posted: 23 June 2003 at 8:01am | IP Logged  

well, ive made 3, only happy with one, will make some more hopefully. Also how many you want? as many as poss?

laugh,and grow fat
Back to Top View MrFist's Profile Search for other posts by MrFist Visit MrFist's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

MrFist
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posted: 23 June 2003 at 8:02am | IP Logged  

nm, jus read, 2 entries sorry

laugh,and grow fat

ninjaofwarfare
Imba Community Member
Imba Community Member

Posted: 23 June 2003 at 12:38pm | IP Logged  

nub i'll have a go at doin one on wednesday wen im off work

Sandzibar
Senior Community Member
Senior Community Member

Posted: 23 June 2003 at 12:45pm | IP Logged  

aye i think im off work on thurs.. ill have a crack then

Edited by Sandzibar on 23 June 2003 at 12:46pm
Back to Top View Sandzibar's Profile Search for other posts by Sandzibar Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

koyote
Public Member
Public Member

Posted: 24 June 2003 at 12:59pm | IP Logged  

ill have a go now :)

Back to Top View koyote's Profile Search for other posts by koyote Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Sandzibar
Senior Community Member
Senior Community Member

Posted: 25 June 2003 at 11:09am | IP Logged  

Bah got a full working week... not gonna have enough time to get a design done before Sat...

MrAnderson
Senior Community Member
Senior Community Member

Posted: 25 June 2003 at 11:21am | IP Logged  

Ive finished my design, what yo uwant me to do with it? can i jus sent through irc plz, my email client is well bent, lol

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 25 June 2003 at 2:58pm | IP Logged  

you can try and dcc me it if u like... ill b home after 10pm (off 2 work now).

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 25 June 2003 at 2:58pm | IP Logged  

Sandzibar wrote:
Bah got a full working week... not gonna have enough time to get a design done before Sat...

Its due in sunday Whats the problem?

Sandzibar
Senior Community Member
Senior Community Member

Posted: 25 June 2003 at 3:25pm | IP Logged  

Demonboy wrote:

Its due in sunday Whats the problem?

ok smartarse.. take the piss out of my inability to read complete threads why dont you...

ChiefDM
1337 Community Member
1337 Community Member

Posted: 25 June 2003 at 3:30pm | IP Logged  

/me takes the piss out of Sandz inability to read complete threads.

Sorry you were asking for it....
Back to Top View ChiefDM's Profile Search for other posts by ChiefDM Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Page of 3
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version