Active Topics Active Topics  Display List of Forum Members Memberlist  Invert Forum Background Colours Invert Colours  Search The Forum Search  Help Help  Register Register  Login Login
Sponsored by Beatnik Games
The Lounge
 |SFH| Sent From Hell :: Community Forums : The Lounge
Subject Topic: got a question for all you oldies >< (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MrAnderson
Senior Community Member
Senior Community Member

Posted: 25 September 2003 at 11:16am | IP Logged  

i kno you went to uni and did computer science didnt ya demon? and i kno that a few other guys on yhere went to uni, dunno what for tho, and im curious, what was the computer science course like? good? bad? hard? and also, did you do A level maths before doing the computing course? as i need to know this week ><

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 25 September 2003 at 2:53pm | IP Logged  

its pretty easy for the first 2 yrs but the final 2 have a LOT of work involved... i did higher than A-Level maths (CSYS - equiv to 1st yr uni which was handy ) and i didnt have a single resit til 3rd year...

TheGouldFish
Honourary Member
Honourary Member
The Mapper

Posted: 25 September 2003 at 2:58pm | IP Logged  

I found the first 2 years quite easy,  but then I had self tought my self C++ before I went.  I had done SYS maths before uni and it covered most of the maths needed.

I had only 2 resits in the whole 4 years one was for very badly worded exam and the other was because I was missing one part of a corse and all the exam question was on that bit .

Back to Top View TheGouldFish's Profile Search for other posts by TheGouldFish Visit TheGouldFish's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

MrAnderson
Senior Community Member
Senior Community Member

Posted: 25 September 2003 at 9:51pm | IP Logged  

heh thanks for input guys, so, did everyone on it do a level maths? or dont you know? bloody hope you dont need it :@ as highest  ican do is As level ne way...

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 26 September 2003 at 12:38am | IP Logged  

we dont do a levels in scotland m8...

MrAnderson
Senior Community Member
Senior Community Member

Posted: 26 September 2003 at 12:12pm | IP Logged  

w00t? you go straight to uni? how strange, or 6th form thing?

Nhumrod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Leader & GM

Posted: 26 September 2003 at 2:17pm | IP Logged  

no - we do highers then CSYS in 5th and 6th yr of high school (highers r easier than an A Level but CSYS is harder...) tho i think instead of CSYS they now have Advanced Higher or summat instead...

TheGouldFish
Honourary Member
Honourary Member
The Mapper

Posted: 26 September 2003 at 4:06pm | IP Logged  

sounds right, the highers (higher still) and now easer is some ways but hard in other, but the SYS (Advanced higher) is more or less the same.

Back to Top View TheGouldFish's Profile Search for other posts by TheGouldFish Visit TheGouldFish's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version